On Jan 3,
Sheldon has sent many players to the division 1 level in recent years including Demarcus Nelson (Duke), Dakarai Allen (SDSU), D’Erryl Williams (SDSU), Darin Johnson (Washington – Northridge), and more.
Rainer Beach produced over 10+ NBA players including Brandon Roy, Jamal Crawford, Nate Robinson, Jason Terry
This game on January 3rd will feature over 7 potential D1 athletes. Sheldon the home team comes in at #26 in CA and Rainer Beach #6 in WA according to Max Preps. Here are the key players and matchups to look for Thursday night.
- Sheldon Huskies
- Marcus Bagley (2020): The #1 player in Norcal is having a monstrous junior season and offers are rolling in. Recent offers include the University of Pittsburg and Long Beach St.
- Josh Morgan (2019): The Long Beach St. signee will need to protect the rim against a hand full of high fliers on the Vikings.
- Justin Nguyen (2019): Will be the quarterback for the team and will be responsible for setting up the pace and his teammates.
- Kaito Williams (2019): The CSU East Bay signee will look to be the scoring threat with his sweet 3 point shot.
- Other Notable Players: Marquis Hargrove, Xavion Brown, and Josh Williams
- Rainer Beach Vikings
- Marjon Beauchamp (2020): The #23 ranked player in the nation is an elite scorer with a deadly jump shot. A game that rembles Klay Thompson. Currently holds offers from practically every west coast school.
- Jamon Kemp (2019): A elite defender that does a little bit of everything. Just like his pops Shawn Kemp, Jamon plays well above the rim. Currently holds offers from Washington State & University of San Diego.
- Micah Monroe (2019): Super athletic wing that does all the little things. Played summer ball with Marjon and Jamon for the last 2 summers.
- Kenny Curtis (2019): Maybe the X-factor of this game at only 5’8, he has a sweet 3 point shot with NBA range. Players may forget about him as they key in on Marjon and Jamon.
- Other Notable Players:
- Key Matchups/Notes:
- Will Marcus Bagley & Marjon Beauchamp defend each other?
- The winner of the rebounding battle wins the game.
- Which role player will step up?
This game will be a classic and maybe the game of the year in Norcal.
Leave a Comment